November (2/3)

   I’m back! Here’s another short weekend post from November 12-13. At the end of a fairly normal school week, my host sister and I travelled towards Bünde once again, to visit my host dad. We arrived at about 5:00, but it was already pitch black outside (ugh, Winter...). My host dad picked us up at the train station, and we ordered pizza once we were there. We had a nice night, having fun and ending it by watching the 3rd part of the Hobbit.

   The next day my host dad drove us to a nearby town, where we met my host mom to head back to Köln. At the end of the two hour trip back, I immediately met up with my friend Liz and her friend, Celina; and we walked around the Innenstadt for a while. We made plans with Marc and Emma to meet up for dinner at Hans im Glück, a popular upscale burger-chain. After a delicious dinner, we said goodbye to Liz and Celina, because they had to go back home.



   After that, Emma, Marc, and I went to go get some dessert. We found a cool churro place, and got some delicious nutella-covered churros. We got a little too many though, and regretted our choice not too long afterwards.


   We also made some plans for the next day, to go ice skating. They fell through unfortunately, but I still met up with Marc and we went to mass at the Dom. We got some yummy “Kaffee und Küchen” afterwards, before visiting the Römisch-Germanisch Museum. This is a really cool museum near the Dom, that has tons of Roman artifacts and history from all over Germany. Köln was actually first settled by the Romans, so many of the artifacts were found throughout the city.


            


After the cool visit to the museum, I headed back home and ended the weekend by making lots of yummy sushi with my host family.



   And that’s all for this post! I’ll be back soon with another post; bis Gleich!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Hedersleben

8 Hours Away From A Dream

A Visit from Home!