And the Vacation Ends

Hello again! I'm back with my post over the two days Sam stayed over with me in Köln, which shouldn't be too long. Hope you enjoy!

   So as I said in my last post, we picked up Sam along our way from Hamburg to Köln, on October 20. We didn't did anything that night though, because we got back in Köln really late at night. We got plenty of rest for the fun day ahead, and woke up late the next morning. The plan was to do a tour of the city on bike, so we grabbed our bikes and hit the streets. First I showed him my school and my neighbourhood, before heading over to the Grüngurtel to see the huge parks and the massive television tower, Colonius. After riding through the parks, we headed towards the city to see the Dom.

   It took a bit longer than expected, because Sam's bike chain fell off along the way. Luckily we were able to fix it, and still got there. Once we arrived, we met up with our friend Fernanda, and got some Kaffee in Küchen. After our quick break we went to see the Dom and the Hohenzollern bridge, and spent some more time in the Innenstadt. Finally we went back home, had dinner, and went to bed.



     




   The next day was Saturday already, so we made sure to do something before he left. We decided to go on a search for American food in the city, and we thought we might find some in “the English Shop”. It was a bit of a stretch, but luckily we found quite a few American things there, such as root beer, cream soda, Dr. Pepper, and Reese's. I had been missing Reese's in Germany, so I was glad to finally find some. Everything was a bit pricey, but worth it for a one-time thing.

        

    From there we had to make our way quickly back home, so he could pack up and make his train back home. Once he had gotten all his things, we drove to the Hauptbahnhof, said goodbye, and he got on his train. This was kind of the end of the vacation, because I didn't have anything planned for the last two days. I gave the root beer and cream soda to my host family to try, and they really didn't like it. They said it tasted like mouthwash, which I had heard is what many foreigners think if it. And that was it. Sunday was a pretty normal day, and I went out to take some picture of the beautiful fall weather.



   Well I hope you liked my posts over my fall break, I'm glad I finally got them finished. By the way, Sam has a really great blog as well, which you should defintly check out if you have the time: https://samindeutschlandblog.wordpress.com/. I'll be posting again soon so stay tuned! Bis dann!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Hedersleben

8 Hours Away From A Dream

A Visit from Home!