Half Marathon Weekend

Hi everyone! Here's another quick post from this past weekend.

    This past school week was actually pretty eventful, because I had several presentations in different classes such as spanish, religion, and art. But the weather had finally gotten much nicer in Germany, so I found time after school to go to a park. Tuesday I went with Emma and Marc to the Grüngurtel, Köln’s biggest park. It was perfect weather; the sun was out, it was 60 degress, and no clouds in sight. We just had a nice afternoon in the park,and enjoyed the weather before the normal grey, cloudy sky returned.

     Saturday I met with a friend in the city, and afterwards went to my first football match in Germany (I don’t know how it’s taken me so long). Our team, 1. FC Köln, was playing against Hertha BSC, from Berlin. Hertha was currently a few places ahead of FC Köln, so it was going to be a good match. Luckily FC Köln came out on top, 4-2, after a great game. Football games are really quite spectacular in Germany, so it was tons of fun to finally see one. I have a feeling I’ll be back, too.



    Sunday was a very important day, because it was the day of my first half marathon. I had signed up a few months ago, along with my friend Sean, as a motivation to start running again. I had trained pretty consistently, and was excited to try a half marathon at last. I got up early, ate some carbs, and took the train to Königsforst, where the marathon was. After getting ready, stretching, and warming up, we headed to the start. The horn sounded and we were off on our 21km (13mi) before I knew it. It was a lot of fun, despite being pretty difficult after the 18th kilometer. But I still finished strong, and blew my expectations away with a time of 1:36:10. Also, I was the fastest in my age group, and got a trophy for that as well. Overall, it was a great experience. Now Sean and I are looking for another half marathon to run before we head back to the US.



              

  And that’s about all that happened this weekend. See you in the next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Hedersleben

8 Hours Away From A Dream

A Visit from Home!