Elvis: Das Musical

Hey everyone, I’m back and hopefully consistently. I’ll just pick up with a blog over last week (March 5-12), and I’ll post December/January/February soon.

   Sunday I made pizza for my whole host family, as it was my host mom;s birthday. Luckily it was a big hit, and everyone had a good time. Tuesday I was back in the kitchen, making tortillas and taco meat for a taco night. Tacos are not a normal meal for my host family, so I’m glad I was able to bring a little something from home to Germany. Once again everything turned out well, and the tortillas were delicious.

          

   Wednesday my host-grandparents visited, so we could all go to a musical that evening. After school we went to a restaurant grab a bit, and then we headed to the musical. The musical was called “Elvis, Das Musical”, so as you can probably tell it was about Elvis. It was a really great show, and the Elvis impersonator was amazing. He had the accent down, sang all the songs just like Elvis, and made for a really good show. At one point during the show he actuallly jumped down off the stage, and stood on my chair, of all places, to sing a song. I thought the show was great, and I was humming “Return to Sender” for the rest of the week.


   Around Friday I got sick with a bit of a cold, but that didn’t stop me from getting out of the house on Saturday. Sean and I went to a really cool burger places in the hipster Südstadt in Köln. My chili cheese burger was really good, and we had a good time. Afterwards we explored the Südstadt a bit more, as I don’t end up there very often.




    Sunday was pretty uneventful, so that’s about where the weekend ends. I hope you enjoyed the post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Hedersleben

8 Hours Away From A Dream

A Visit from Home!