Final Farewells

    Hey everyone! I recently renovated my blog, and I gave it a much more professional and modern look, at least in my opinion. It's still a work in progress, but hopefully it will be finished soon. Please give me some feedback about the new design in the comments section below!

  To give you an idea of what's coming up and when, here's a timeline of some things that will be happening very soon:

  1. I leave Texas tomorrow, when my family and I begin our trip to DC
  2. On August 3, we will arrive in DC
  3. On August 6, I say goodbye to my family and join my fellow exchange students
  4. On August 8, I say goodbye to the US and get on my plane to Frankfurt
  5. Upon arrival, I'll hop on a train and head to language camp, where I'll stay with 49 other CBYX exchange students (or 'Bundies,' as we like to be called, and will henceforth be called in this blog) for the first month in Germany
So, as you can see, I'll be very busy in the coming weeks; but I'm sure I can find time to blog and make YouTube videos (please subscribe to my channel: A Year In Germany!) in between all the chaos. So stay tuned for an adventure of a lifetime!

    Anyways, these last few weeks themselves have been quite chaotic. Two Monday's ago I had my first goodbye, when I met up with my friend Ben and had lunch (I said goodbye to him early because he was leaving for World Youth Day) as a final farewell.  I spent the rest of that week trying to make packing lists, practicing German, and planning farewell parties (or Abshiedsparty in German). This past Monday I had my first farewell party, with friends from school. I made hotdog buns for the first time (if I haven't already mentioned, I LOVE to bake!), we swam, made a crazy four-person-tall-chicken (see the pic below), and said goodbyes. It went really well, and we all had lots of fun, as these pictures show. Luckily, my friend Thomas also had a small party the next day, so I was able to see some of them again.





    I spent most of Wednesday packing and shopping, not too exciting. On Thursday I had a fun trip to Six Flags Over Texas (a nearby amusement park) with my family + our great neighbor Jackson. We all had lots of fun, even though it started to absolutely pour down at around 5:00. 






    On Friday I had my final farewell party (kind of a dual purpose party, because it was also my little brother Charlie's birthday), with family and family-friends. It was absolutely amazing, and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to say goodbye to all those amazing people! Although the party was fantastic, the experience was bittersweet, with all the goodbyes. And for all those who couldn't attend, I bid you farewell! Here are some of the pictures from the party:








    Finally, we arrive at Saturday. My family and I spent most of Saturday getting ready for the trip, going to Mass, and getting haircuts. Everything is starting to feel very real, and the idea that I'm leaving the US in a week is now very much a reality. I'm really excited, but leaving my normal life for something so different is very scary. Anyways, tomorrow the real journey begins, and I couldn't be more excited. Please share this blog with a friend, and thanks for reading! 

Tschüss!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Hedersleben

8 Hours Away From A Dream

A Visit from Home!